The Philips X-Treme Vision headlight bulbs are some of the best available. Given their recent popularity, we wanted to do a deep dive into this high performance headlight bulb so that you’d be equipped with info to make an informed buying decision.
Philips X-Treme Vision Specs & Product Info
- Bulb Type: Halogen
- Color Temperature: 3700K
- Bulb Life Expectancy: 450 hours
- Street Legal: Yes
“Up to 130% more light on the road in comparison to a standard headlight bulb.”
“X-treme Vision +130 delivers more Light without compromising on lifetime.”
“Up to 45 meters (147 Feet) longer light beam than standard increases reaction time by up to 2 seconds.”
“Up to 20% whiter light than standard for a more comfortable and safer driving experience.”
Pros & Cons of the Philips X-Treme Vision Headlight Bulb
The Philips headlight bulbs, since its inception, has been quite popular with motorist because of its high performance and relatively cheaper price as compared to other headlight bulb models.
- Visibility: They offer a huge upgrade on visibility for drivers as it makes the light whiter as seen from the outside of the car and also while driving.
- Illumination: It ensures efficient distribution of light making it perfect for night driving.
- Consumer Friendly: The Philips headlight bulbs are easy to install.
- Ideal Color Temperature: The improved color temperature aids the eye to clearly focus and concentrate on the path ahead which makes night time driving far safer and comfortable providing an enjoyable driving experience.
- Quality: All Philip’s X-Treme vision are manufactured and built to the highest ECE standards and are street legal.
- Service Life: Due to the high performance nature of this headlight bulb, it’s service life will be less than lower performing bulbs.
- Delicate & Fragile: During installation, one has to be careful as not to damage the bulb glass.
Philips X-Treme Vision Manufacturer Warranty
The Philips light head lamp has a warranty of 24 months from the date of purchase, and covers defective products.
How to Install Philips X-Treme Vision Headlights
- Open the hood which is located on the right side of the dash and pull the lever up
- Open the hood and prop it up
- Pinpoint the bulb to replace and to double check turn on the lights and inspect which bulbs needs to be replaced
- Remove the burnt out bulb by disconnecting the connector on the rear of the bulb which just pulls straight out but in some instances, and it needs wiggling a bit
- Yank the surrounding rubber out entirely
- Unlatch the metal locking pin
- Remove the bulb
- Install the new bulb by doing the step above in reverse. Note: do not to touch the glass of the head light bulb. The oil on your hands can cause hotspots leading to reduced service life of your bulb.
Philips Background & History
Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Imperial Philips) commonly known as Philips is a Dutch innovation organization headquartered in Amsterdam with essential divisions centered in the fields of hardware, human services, and lighting.
It was established in Eindhoven in 1891 by Gerard Philips and his dad Frederik, it is one of the biggest hardware organizations on the planet and provides employment opportunities to around 105,000 individuals crosswise over more than 60 countries.
Philips is sorted out into three key divisions: Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Philips Healthcare, and Philips Lighting. In 2012 Philips was the biggest producer of lighting on the planet measured according to the related revenues. In 2013,most of the company’s assets from the hardware and electronic fields were sold to Japan’s Funai Electric Co.
However in October 2013, the arrangement to Funai Electric Co was severed, and the consumer electronic services stay under Philips and the organization announced it would seek legal redress for the damages for the breach of contract amounting to almost $200-million.
In April 2016, the International Court of Arbitration ruled in favor of Philips granting remuneration of 135 million Euro in the process. Philips is listed on Euronext Amsterdam stock trade and is a segment of the Euro Stoxx 50 securities exchange index. The company is also listed on the New York stock exchange
Pros & Cons of Halogen Headlight Bulbs
This type is the most popular currently on the road inside the filament is made up of tungsten and halogen gas which lights up when electricity reaches the lamp and heating up the tungsten begins to glow. This process is known as the incandescent process and it happens at 2500 degrees Celsius.
- Halogen type is cheap and easier to manufacture allowing car manufacturers to build multiple versions depending on the body type
- They are fairly straightforward to install and replace on most vehicle
- Halogen headlights have a longer life span of 500 and 1000 hours
- Their replacement cost is cheaper around 30 dollars as compared to other head light bulbs
- They create a decent illumination with regards to its price range
- This type has different dimensions which cater for diverse need of the customers
- The halogen while building the radiating light it also generates significant amount of heat which results in wastage energy
- It reacts to various substances touching the glass will cause the heat to be unevenly distributed and result in a lower life span.
The Philips X-Treme Vision light head bulbs are suitable during night times which is crucial in reducing road fatalities and carnages as a result of their illumination properties. I highly recommend this head light bulbs as they are manufactured and tailored to suit the customer’s satisfaction and specifications according to their individual needs.
This enhances safety feeling and protection during driving. The headlamps also meet ISO certification that meets the minimum requirements of the international standards which signify their mark of their quality and longevity and are fully road legal.
However, they do have their shortcomings, but their advantages in the motor industry far more outweigh their cons. A lot of the reviews from customers have been positive outlining the advantageous effects the Philips X-Treme Vision headlight bulb has had on their driving experience.