Many drivers don’t pay attention to their headlights until they are fading or burned out. Having the brightest headlights keeps you safe in a variety of conditions. It can also make your vehicle look much better. Faded yellow headlights just look bad. So to keep you safe, and improve the look of your vehicle, here’s our list of brightest headlights for 2019, including the brightest LED, HID, and halogen headlights.
Brightest Headlights 2019:
Brightest LED Headlights:
|#1||SNGL Super Bright LED Headlight Conversion Kit||12,400 LM|
|#2||HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit||12,000 LM|
Brightest HID Headlights:
|#1||RCP 6000K Xenon HID||"200% Brighter Light"|
|#2||Philips Standard Xenon HID||3350 LM ±300|
Brightest Halogen Headlights:
|#1||Philips X-tremeVision||"up to 100% more vision"|
|#2||SYLVANIA SilverStar Ultra||"Up to a 50% overall increased brightness"|
Nowadays there are various headlight options available in the market – from HID to LED to Halogen headlights all claiming to be the brightest. With continued advancement in technology, it becomes difficult to decide which is the brightest after all. There are poor and good performers in each variety, but we have picked out two best options from each category to help you choose the one that is best for you.
Brightest LED Headlights
#1 – SNGL Super Bright LED Headlight Conversion Kit
The SNGL Super Bright LED Headlight Conversion Kit is at the top of our brightest headlight list because of its extraordinary features and unmatched performance. These bulbs are designed with an adjustable LED chip position that maximizes the factory housing and reflector. This provides a correct light pattern without any dark spots. Furthermore, the output is focused on the road where you need it the most.
Another great feature of the SNGL Super Bright LED Headlights is that they are engineered with SNGL high-power Led head lighting technology and powerful LUMILEDS LMZ7 LEDs that maximize the light output. These bulbs can provide 260% brighter light on the road without causing any glare.
The exclusive SNGL Intelligent Cooling System keeps the LED chips and the circuit board cool thus making it possible for these headlight bulbs to achieve a lifespan of more than 50,000 hours. This system helps the headlights to maintain a maximum lumen output of 12,400 thus preventing rapid light decay at increasing operating temperature.
The conductive heat efficiency of these bulbs is improved by 300% as a result of the SNGL Red-Copper thermal technology. Many LEDs available in the market face the problem of light decay, but the SNGL is able to maintain optimum brightness at all times.
The embedded noise filter and efficient EMC design further facilitate a smooth and quiet ride through effective noise reduction. Other safety features such as prevention against an undue current, excessive voltage, electrostatic pulse or threats, and fan failure further enhance the performance of this product.
The SNGL headlights are constructed with high quality materials and the best components thus making them the perfect upgrade for headlights. Their exclusive design is bound to give your vehicle the safety and look of a luxury car.
- Improved EMC design helps reduce noise
- Built-in CanBus design
- Various protection features in accordance with OEM standards
- 6000K white light temperature
- Overheat and fan failure protection
- Exclusive Adjustable Beam technology
- Turns on instantly; no warm-up time needed
- Over 50,000 hours of lifetime
- 2-year warranty
- Flickering issue
- Not designed to be used with daytime running lights
The next product on our top brightest headlight list is the HIKARI Ultra LED headlight bulbs which provide perfect and extremely bright white light. These headlights are claimed to be the most advanced headlight bulbs by the manufacturer as they use of the latest technologies in their construction. They provide excellent value for money while ensuring a fog-proof and rainproof drive thus making them ideal for a long route drive.
These advanced LED headlight bulbs have the 6000K white light crystal clear bulbs. They are manufactured using the advanced AI Frequency Technology which ensures perfect light beam patterns without any dark spots or foggy lights.
The state-of-the-art technology used in the production of the HIKARI Ultra Led headlights provides up to 50,000 hours of continuous flicker-free light. Furthermore, these bulbs give a new look to your vehicle that you are absolutely going to love.
The HIKARI LED headlights are available in various sizes thus making them perfect for many different models. Their plug-and-play approach makes installation very easy. Moreover, these bulbs are waterproof therefore you will not experience failing headlights in rainy weather. They can also be used in off-road vehicles which you plan to take on driving through water. The fans built inside these bulbs prevent overheating.
- Precise beam pattern
- Fit any car
- Work perfectly underwater
- Have a lifespan of 50,000 flicker-free, continuous light hours
- 6000K white light bulb
- Amazing performance for heat dissipation
- Work perfectly in fog
- 2-year warranty
- Installation could be a hassle for some vehicles
- Is a bit expensive than other products available
Brightest HID Headlights
The most notable features of the RCP Xenon HID headlights are lightening proficiency and affordability. They are beautifully constructed with diamond white metal base. Their compact design, efficient performance, and economical price make them one of the top picks on our list. They can fit almost all car models and are comparatively cheaper than other headlights available.
Although these headlight bulbs are budget-friendly, they do not compromise on quality. They provide crystal white colors of 6000K. The RCP xenon HID headlights are engineered to comply with the needs of the drivers. Their uniformed beam pattern allows you to have an optimum night driving experience.
The shock-proof mechanism of these headlights prevents against electric shock. These headlights produce 3200 lumens which are three times brighter than halogen lamps and utilize approximately 35 watts which is half of the wattage used by halogen lamps.
The RCP headlights do not only provide a stable light output and a service life of more than 2500 hours which is five times more than the halogen bulb. These headlight bulbs are wear-resistant, heat-resistant, and oil-resistant due to good quality materials and wires used in their construction. Moreover, they are waterproof which further reduces the chance of a short circuit and rain leakage.
The white light of these headlights prevents glare thus providing more driving comfort to the driver, and the anti-UV quartz glass prevents the cracking of the mirror and the shade.
- Improves visibility by up to 200%
- Safe and durable
- Precise focal length avoids glare
- Brighter and more efficient than halogen headlights
- Water and dust proof
- Constructed with high quality materials
- Uniform and accurate beam pattern
- May be difficult to install in some car models
Philips is a well-known and trusted brand that manufactures various high quality electronic gadgets. Everybody has used a Philips product at least once in their lifetime. Needless to say that their products are constructed using high quality materials.
These bulbs come in a pack of one. However, it is always wise to replace both the headlights at the same time to ensure uniform lightening. By replacing your halogen lights with Philips HID, you can get the highest light output as they emit a white light which is comparable to daylight. These headlight bulbs are made from a quartz glass which is able to resist thermal shock.
The Philips HID bulbs are durable and have the highest customer satisfaction rate. They use state-of-the-art lighting technology in their manufacture and are DOT compliant.
- Consumes less power
- Affordable price
- DOT compliant
- Requires zero warm-up period
- Proactive products made with state-of-the-art technology
- 2-year warranty
- Not CanBus ready
- Fake products available
Brightest Halogen Headlights
Philips is a popular brand that has been dominating the halogen headlight market and providing a wide variety of options. The Philips X-treme version is a high performing bulb that provides 130% more light as compared to stock bulbs.
The main reason for the popularity of Philips X-tremeVision is that these halogen bulbs provide outstanding performance that is similar to HID headlights. Moreover, they are easier to install, provide natural white light, and do not blind other motorists.
- Color temperature of 3,700K
- High quality UV-quartz glass
- Patented gradient coating
- Provides 130 meters of light
- 450 hours lifespan
- Road legal and ECE certified
- Some people find the light to be fuzzy
The Sylvania SilverStar Ultra makes it to our top brightest headlight list as they illuminate more side-road and provide brightest down-road performance thus ensuring driver comfort. The white light of these headlights easily distinguish items on the side of the road.
These headlights are specially coated to achieve a white light that is rated at 4100K. The Sylvania SilverStar Ultra headlights are much brighter than the stock bulb. The patented Tri-band technology increase object visibility and improved contrast while enhancing your night time driving experience.
- Makes night time drive less stressful
- Street legal
- Doesn’t increase glare
- Cobalt blue nano-coating technology
- 50% increased brightness
- Highly engineered filament
- Tri-band coating technique
- Propriety halogen gas mixture
- 40% increase in down-road visibility
- Friendly plug-and-play installation
- 50% improvement in side road visibility
- Very short life span
Headlight Bulb Buying Guide
Most motorists do not give much importance to the
maintenance of their headlights until it is time to have their vehicles
examined for roadworthiness. Research
shows that headlight bulbs lose up to 20% of their lightening capacity within
two to three years. Therefore, it is possible that you would be driving with a
less than perfect pair of headlights if you do not maintain them.
LED vs. HID vs. Halogen Headlights. Which is best?
Halogen headlights are affordable and easy to install. They have a fairly reasonable lifespan and can be switched from low to high beam with just the flick of a switch. However, these bulbs generate large volumes of heat and consume high amounts of energy.
HID stands for high-intensity discharge and these headlight bulbs have a longer lifespan, father reach, broader coverage, greater efficiency, brighter light, and less power consumption than halogen headlights, but they are relatively costlier than halogen and have a strong glare that can disturb oncoming traffic.
LED headlights, on the other hand, are energy efficient, are smaller in size, don’t glare like HID, and are brighter than halogen. However, they are expensive, needs cooling, are difficult to install, and heat up neighboring assemblies.
If you want affordable headlights, then you should go with
halogen but if you are more concerned with performance then LED headlights are
right for you. However, if you want affordability and performance then HID
headlights are better.
What to Look for When Buying Headlights
Having your headlights suddenly go out on a dark and lonely road is an experience that you will surely want to avoid. Therefore, it is important to keep the following considerations in mind when buying the brightest headlights:
- Type of headlight – Before buying the brightest headlight you should decide about your preference in lightening. HID headlights typically work great but can have a blue hue to them; Halogen headlights are cheap and familiar while the LED headlights are manufactured by using the latest technology but require some good cooling.
- Know your local law – Although different types of headlights are generally accepted, but in some communities, there are rules that limit what you can do with headlights. Before buying new headlights make sure that your new lights will not cause a problem.
- Durability – How long your new headlights will last is another consideration that plays an important role in their selection. Choose bulbs that are longer lasting as they will not only serve you for a more extended period; they will also help you save more in replacement costs.
- Installation – Some bulbs are easy to install as they are the plug-and-play kind while others require professional installation. Make sure that you can easily install the bulbs that you choose as this will help you save additional costs.
- Price – The prices of headlights can range significantly from product to product. They can be pretty affordable and pricey as well. Although it is beneficial to buy high quality headlights even though they can be expensive, budget buyers can also find efficient and affordable headlights.
- Brightness – Your night driving experience will be much safer with bright headlights. Compare the lumens of the various headlights before making a purchase. If you drive more at night, then it is better to buy the brightest headlights that have 6000K as these headlights make the daytime look like the night. These headlights also have the best range thus enabling you to see better.
- Reflector support – If you are going to upgrade to LED headlight bulbs make sure that the built-in reflector supports them as they are essential in guiding the beam properly as directed.
What to Avoid When Buying Headlights
When buying headlights, it is better to stay away from low-quality products. Also, make sure that the headlights that you choose are in compliance with the law.
What headlights do I need?
Different cars require different headlights depending on
their make and model. You can contact your vehicle manufacturer or go through
your vehicle handbook to find out the headlights that are best for your
vehicle. You can also go to https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/ and start searching by part number or by selecting your vehicle.
Are headlights covered under warranty?
Yes, most headlights are covered under warranty.
How do I adjust headlights?
A car’s headlights could become misaligned with the passage of time or by frequently replacing them. This could result in reduced visibility which can be a nuisance, especially when driving at night. In order to adjust the headlights, you can consult the vehicle’s manual or watch an online video demonstrating the right way to align your vehicle.
How do LED headlights work?
An LED is a semiconductor that emits light when a current
passes through it. They require less current to illuminate therefore the energy
drawn from the battery is less than required by halogens and HIDs. The
semiconductor then emits photons that illuminate the road ahead. There is no
filament in these headlights to burn out.
How do HID headlights work?
HID headlights, like neon signs, are arc lamps. In order to
produce light electricity arcs between two electrodes instead of heating a
filament inside the bulb. HID headlights are more efficient than halogen bulbs
as they make more light by using less energy. They also last considerably
longer than halogen bulbs.
It is clear from the above discussion that choosing the brightest headlight bulb is not difficult if you know the key factors that play an important part in bulb replacement. Picking the right one depends on affordability, your personal choice, and having crystal clear concepts about the different aspects of headlight bulbs.